St Petersburg & Tampa Bay Area Home Search
Accurate, realtime MLS Searching, Buyers Guides & More.
Use our Advanced Home Search below to find up to date homes for sale in the greater St Petersburg and Tampa Bay Area.
What We Will Do For You!
Get the representation you need.
First and foremost, we will zealously represent your interests as your St Petersburg Home Buyers Agent.
I’m not just here to show you a bunch of houses and sell you one. My team and I work with you to determine what you want, what you need, and what you can comfortably afford. Then we show you the properties that meet the correct criteria. I don’t just want to sell you a home. I want to find you the right home and negotiate the best possible deal for you!
As your St Petersburg Buyers Agent we will do the following:
STEP 1.) Getting to Know You and Your Goals
We start by discussing your current situation, home buying goals, and timeline. We’ll provide an accurate overview of the current market and go through a question-and-answer session as needed to determine:
- What you want in a home.
- What you dream about having in a home.
- What you actually need in a home.
- What you can comfortable afford.
- Begin pre-qualification for financing.
Once we’ve answered all those questions we move on to finding you properties while you work with one or more lenders we recommend to obtain financing pre-approval.
STEP 2.) Property Search and Financing Approval
Once we’ve answered all those questions we will start looking for properties for you while you work with one or more lenders we recommended to obtain financing pre-approval.. This stage includes:
- Searching relevant neighborhood for available properties.
- Screening the properties using public records & our software.
- Send you a list of initial properties & use your feedback to send you an update list.
- Choose a group of properties to visit and schedule showings.
- Take you on guided tours of the properties.
- Repeat the process until we find you the right home.
- Puting you in touch with lenders to get you pre-approved for financing asap.
Once you give us the go ahead, we begin a comprehensive search for suitable properties. We not only have access to the properties listed on the open market, but also many “silent sale sources.” We pre-screen candidate properties to find the best matches for your criteria.
Our pre-screening includes valuation analysis, investment/return forecasts and tax implication analysis. We investigate any potential title or transfer issues.
We inspect candidate properties to get a fix on their physical condition, review documents related to the properties and analyze comparable sales to “reality check” asking prices.
We investigate seller motivations and interest among other buyers in the marketplace. We do a lender review and feasibility analysis of lending options available to you.
We work with your lender to get you pre-approved for the right kind of loan for you. Most sellers require pre approval and proof of downpayment funds before they will consider your offer.
STEP 3.) Acquisition Strategy, Due Diligence, Financing and Closing
If you decide to proceed, we formulate an acquisition strategy to see that the property is bought at the best possible price and terms. And of course, the submitted offer will include all necessary contingencies allowing time for due diligence items that may not have been completed during the pre-screening process.
Once you have found a property that you would like to put an offer on, we will prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) report. This report helps you understand the pricing of homes in the area, so that you can make a reasonable offer that is based on facts and data rather than emotion or inaccurate online information from website like Zillow’s “Zestimate,” which is currently bogged down in litigation over it’s inaccuracy. As your St Petersburg Buyers Agent we will provide you with up to date accurate information.
Once your offer is accepted and a Purchase Contract is finalized, you will enter the Due Diligence phase. This is when you will deposit earnest money, obtain home inspections and address any issues that arise from the inspections. We will help you with all aspects of this important phase in the home buying process, and will offer advice to guide you with any decisions that must be made.
Key items in the Purchase & Sale Agreement include:
- Price negotiations.
- Contingencies for professional inspections, environmental/soil, comprehensive document review, termite inspections, title search, lien search, appraisal, obtaining financing, etc.
- Property maintenance benchmarks (minimums) to be maintained and/or achieved during the contract period.
- Specific contingency language pertaining to the amount and terms of acceptable loan needed.
- Guidance regarding the direct arrangement of the best available financing for your particular situation.
- Support at closing including scheduling, “settlement statement” review prior to closing and document review during closing.
STEP 4.) Post-Closing
- Answer questions about filing claims with Home Owner Warranty company if requested.
- Attempt to clarify and resolve any conflicts about repairs if buyer is not satisfied.
- Respond to any follow-on calls and provide any additional information required from office files.
- Follow up with you to make sure you got settled in and are happy with your new home.
- On-going availability to answer questions.